10 GUIDELINES FOR SUCCESSFUL BETTING
Sports betting is a difficult occupation and it may take years and a lot of effort to become a successful punter. Some players may look for the best betting platforms, but there are certain rules the bettors take as the most sacred commandments, and never break them.
Most novice punters make the same mistake; they want to get everything at once. They rush into the game hoping to snatch a large sum of money after a couple of bets. Instead of relying on your luck, you’d better collect more information about the sport you lay hopes on. Besides that, you should try to place bets whenever you notice that the oddsmakers have made a mistake in setting the odds. But let’s not limit ourselves to superficial pieces of advice; let’s view all the 10 guidelines for successful betting in detail.
- The first and most important thing is to never wager on sports if it affects your health badly. If you’re not capable of handling your emotions and you can’t take any failures – you won’t ever succeed in the gambling arena.
- If you managed to pass the first point and you still want to make a fortune on sports betting, you should develop a very serious attitude towards this occupation. It can never be your hobby as far as it’s too time and money consuming. It would be reasonable to take every bet as an important business deal.
- If you want to succeed in the sports betting arena, you need to specialize in a particular sport. The fact is that you need to have a very deep understanding of what’s happening on the playground in order to be able to predict the possible outcome of the game. Remember: the key to success is niche specialization.
- In order to stay afloat in the raging and changeable ocean of sports betting, you should know how to manage your bankroll. You will always be tempted to bet more than the prescribed 3-5% of your total budget. The golden rule says: “A successful punter is a patient punter.” You will increase your winnings gradually, but never at once and the best broker for betting accounts will help you manage your transactions.
- Know when to stop without trying to win back your money. This rule belongs to the list of the most important ones as far as the moment a punter starts losing in a row comes. He might choose either the safest way – to stop and take a break – or he might try to regain his money fast and eventually lose everything.
- The same rule is applied when none of the odds seem to be promising. If you place bets for the sake of betting, you won’t be confused with such a thing and you will go on wagering. However, it radically contradicts the common sense and be sure that such betting won’t bring you any profit or use.
- Take advantage of the attractive incentives offered by the best Asian bookmakers. Day by day the competition between the bookies becomes stiffer and stiffer. In order to motivate their clients to sign up at their websites, they offer various bonuses and free bets.
- Since you treat sports betting as a fulltime job, it would be natural to have a vacation from time to time. No matter which way you look at it, but our “sixth sense” has a tendency of becoming blinkered. It means that you need a considerable break from all that is related to sports betting. Take a week or two and have a good rest from all that fuss; focus on something relaxing.
- The full-fledged members of the sports betting industry use very specific language in order to communicate with each other. So, it appears quite natural to brush up your vocabulary and learn the language of professional punters. Otherwise you won’t be able to stay afloat for long and your exciting journey will end up too soon.
- The last and most enjoyable rule is the following: Don’t forget to use the best withdrawal methods to get your winnings from your betting account. The fact is that your bankroll should contain more or less the same amount of money. It would be natural to enlarge it if you have been winning in a long run. You should extract the profit from your bankroll according to your personal schedule.
This post is also available in: Romanian