10 MOST COMMON MISTAKES IN SPORTS BETTING
Sports betting appears to be quite alluring for everyone. Since there is no place for wonders in the so-called real world, we look for them at bookmakers’ offices or casinos. If you want a more streamlined betting experience, you can always use the services of one of them to save you of a lot of the headaches of the betting world.
But even the best betting agent can’t take care of everything for you, the world of gambling seems to be too attractive to resist its charms, and you involuntarily fall into its web. In order to be successful at sports betting you need to avoid mistakes made by most novice punters. Let’s take a look at each of them in more detail.
1. It’s kind of obvious that you shouldn’t bet on something you don’t quite understand. So if you are a man of sober judgment, you will pore over sports journals and magazines for hours in order to become more acquainted with the topic under consideration. Only this way you will have chances to succeed in this area.
2. Never take sports betting as a “get wealthy quick” scheme. It’s natural for you to yearn for winnings and long-run success. However, sports betting is not that simple. It takes time to become an experienced punter, who is able to predict the outcome of the game and consequently win a bet. Remember – a good punter is a patient punter; or you might also say “haste makes waste“.
3. There are many different types of bets, but don’t get tempted to wager on teasers, parlays, props, and other exotic stuff because the chances of hitting the jackpot in these particular cases are too small. Instead of betting on four teams at once, you should wager on these teams separately. So if the three or at least two bets turn out to be successful, you’ll walk away as a winner. It’s better than cursing the fourth team which didn’t let you win your combo.
4. Sports betting is a very serious occupation, and that’s why it would be silly of you to rely on tarot cards, astrology or any other ridiculous psychic nonsense, which will supposedly help you predict the outcome of the game. From time to time certain websites appear and offer the bettors “reliable” tips and talk profusely about their incredible percentage of winnings. If you are going to use tips, make sure to choose the best free tips from the most trustworthy sources in the internet.
5. It is advisable not to bet at all if it happens that the odds have changed too much. In this case, you’d better stay away and look for some more appealing sporting events to bet on. The fact is that it’s no longer the bet you thought it was, so why waste your money on it? Using VIP-IBC, one of the best betting platforms may help you with that, since it allows you to see odds from various bookmakers with a single account.
6. Don’t ever place a bet on your favorite team! Certainly, it takes away some fun of the betting process, but it is worth it. Truth be told, sports betting is all cold math and calculation. You should be unbiased and responsible when it comes to placing a bet. It seems to be impossible to handle the emotions in case of your favorite team. It’s important to draw a line between amusement and serious business.
7. You’d better not wager at all if it turns out that you have problems with gambling addiction. Never underestimate this issue, because otherwise, you’ll end up without a family and a total bankrupt. Gambling addiction is a kind of mental disease which enslaves you and makes you think only about constant betting.
8. It is very impolite to brag about your winnings in front of the bettors, who turned out to be less lucky. Even if we set aside the ethical aspect of this issue, it is still inexcusable to gloat over your competitor’s failure. You have to be accustomed to failure when it comes to sports betting because luck won’t always be on your side.
9. You should never bet just for fun or thrill. Don’t be absorbed by the desire for constant “action”. When you focus exclusively on your burning thirst for betting, you forget that you are wagering with real money and your main purpose is making even more money.
10. Don’t let the so-called “insiders” mislead you! This rule is actually an addition to the fourth point because it has the same principle at its core. If you’re mingling in the gambling society, every now and then you will come across the so-called “insiders” who will be willing to give you a reliable tip regarding the forthcoming match. And that’s why you should always try to open an account via best betting agentfor Asian bookmakers.
This post is also available in: Romanian